OR SHOP BY:
1930s brass quality sconces PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this particularly exquisite mid-1930s pair of cast brass wall sconces!
The sconces have a bronze-like lacquer finish (original).
The overall effect of the sconces is substantial but elegant. This is hard to describe but quite evident in person.
The sconces are also a bit larger than one would expect. They are 12-1/2-inches high, 9-wide, and they project 5-inches.
The original candle covers were long gone when I acquired the pair. I used drip-style candle covers but they may have originally had plain, off-white candle covers (popular in the 1930s). I can supply the latter; just let me know!
I love the rich detailing, and the sagged drape effect. The sconces have a subtle 1930s quality. Lovely. Please note how luscious the bobeches are (the disks under the candles).
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The mounting buttons are replacements.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are also a bit larger than one would expect. They are 12-1/2-inches high, 9-wide, and they project 5-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
- The candle covers are new.
- The sconces have, as noted, a bronze-like original lacquer finish. This is mostly intact. The finish has subtle scratches and bits of loss. None of this is unattractive. In short, the sconces are obviously vintage (but in really great shape).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!