OR SHOP BY:
1915 Colonial silver sconces FOUR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer FOUR extraordinary 3-arm silver-plated Colonial-Revival sconces!
It’s difficult finding 3-arm sconces. To find a pair would be impressive enough, but four? Amazing!
Each sconce accepts three 75W candelabra bulbs, throwing off an impressive 225W per sconce.
The fixtures are beautifully made. The back plate is cast metal (not stamped) and features an intricate frieze of fruits and berries in high high relief. Just lovely.
While the sconces can be controlled by a wall switch, they also have individual on/off switches.
I’m unsure how old the sconces are but estimate that they were made between 1905 and 1925.
The sconces do not mate with standard mounting brackets. They will need to be attached directly to your wall. I will provide the screws, mounting plugs, and even the correct drill bit.
Only one sconce is now restored. The remaining three will take a week to restore after payment is received.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Each fixture accepts three candelabra base 75W bulbs.
- The sconces have flat bars across their backs for mounting. At some point, I believe, each sconce had two small holes later drilled through top/bottom to mount them with screws. However, these holes are not exactly centered vertically. This is not readily obvious, and even less so once the screws are in place (which I supply).
- The back-plates are about 6 x 9-inches. The sconces are about 10-inches high without bulb (or shade).
- The sconces are 13-inches wide and project 8-inches.
- The only issue is minor. One sconce has a crack to one arm. I doubt you will notice.
- The porcelain sockets and wiring are new.
- The candle covers are new. I can also supply off-white cardboard covers. Please advise.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!