OR SHOP BY:
1960s Crystal chandelier. Maria Theresa-style. LARGE; 21 wide
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this glittering Maria Theresa-style chandelier!
This style chandelier is named after the Empress Maria Theresa, Archduchess of Austria in the 18th century. Apparently, while making a visit of state to France, the Empress was impressed with the stunning beauty of the crystal chandeliers in the palaces of Louis XV. As a result of her stay, the Empress commissioned similar models for her palace in Vienna. Ever since, Maria Theresa chandeliers have been renowned for their timeless beauty and baroque styling.
The chandelier has a metal frame, and this is wholly covered by seventy-two panels of glass wired to the frame. The effect is distinctive to a Marie Theresa-style chandelier.
There are six arms, and a seventh bulb in the center.
The chandelier has pear-shaped glass drops, and swags of octagon-shaped glass beads.
The chandelier is circa-1965.
This chandelier is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts seven candelabra base 60W bulbs.
- The cast brass ceiling canopy is a replacement.
COLOR: Glass and gold.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down 31-inches and is 21-inches wide. I can remove up to 9-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- The only issue is minor. Each arm is covered by twelve glass panels, or seventy-two total. One smaller panel is cracked. This is very hard to even notice; I only did when cleaning the fixture.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new paper insulators.
- The wiring to the arms is original, modern plastic, and in fine condition. The vertical wire is new.
- The cardboard candle covers are new.
- The pear-shaped glass drops are mostly original; a few are identical replacements. Most of the swagged glass chains were gone. As such, all the swaged chains are new, and identical to the original octagons.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!