OR SHOP BY:
1930s fixtures. ONE ceiling light. TWO sconces
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer a matched set of remarkable circa-1930 light fixtures!
This listing includes:
ONE 5-bulb semi-flush ceiling light!
TWO 1-bulb sconces!
The fixtures retain their original polychrome, and in all my years of restoring vintage lights I have never come across such a distinctive finish. The main color is a rich cream, and overlaid upon this is an extraordinary cross-hatching. Wow. There are accents of red and blue.
Stunning details abound, including the huge finial on the 5-bulb ceiling fixture.
The set would be ideal for a Spanish-Revival-style home, Tudor, Arts & Crafts, or bungalow.
The set is not actually restored yet. I will fully rewire and with new, cloth-covered wiring. New paper insulators, too. I will only do some minor touching-up to the finish. All this will take up to week after payment is received.
This set will be shipped wholly restored, ready to hang, and with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- See above.
- The 5-bulb fixture is 13-1/2-inches high overall, and 18-1/2-inches wide.
- The sconces are about 8-inches high (without bulb), 5-1/4-inches at their wide point, and they project 6-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape). They will have new wiring and new paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The polychrome is, as noted, original. The finish is 95% intact with only small bits of loss. In addition, the 5-bulb fixture has metal (brass) covers over each socket, and decorative rings. The rings have moved up/down over the years (when the fixture would have been handled) and the rings scratched off the polychrome in vertical, thin, lines. However, this is not obvious when the fixture is hanging (you would need to be on a ladder looking down at the covers to see the finish loss).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!