OR SHOP BY:
1920 pan-style chandelier. Original finish
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this lovely 5-arm 1920s pan-style chandelier!
The chandelier retains its original finish of a silvery gray with brass accents.
The whole is brass. Most of the parts are stamped brass. The arms, finial, and chain flourish are cast brass.
The arms are of particular note, and lusciously, richly detailed. Please also note the cast brass urns under. Nice.
Most pan fixture feature down-bulbs. I have a special affection for candle versions as the candles seem like ballet dancers on point, leaping into the air.
The vertical wire is new (as is all the wiring), and cloth-covered like the original.
Pan-style fixtures (so-called because the main body is like a pan) were wildly popular from about 1910 and all through to the mid-1930s, and were used in all style homes.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them. Also, most flame-style bulbs will look very well.
- The fixture accepts five standard base 60W bulbs.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down about 31-inches and is about 20-inches wide. I can remove up to 7-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
- The candle covers are new.
- The original chain was corroded (this is common). The new chain precisely matches the original in terms of scale and shape.
- The finish is, as noted, original. It is in very very good condition. There are small bits of loss, and some areas of wear (on top mostly).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!