OR SHOP BY:
1930s Art Deco pendants. SIX
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
SIX matching Moderne aluminum and glass pendant fixtures!
Moderne is an aesthetic that developed after the Art Deco period. This aesthetic was relatively short lived, and reached the height of its popularity in the late 1930s. Emerald City, in the movie Wizard of Oz, is Moderne gone Hollywood. Many lighting fixtures labeled Art Deco are more accurately Moderne.
The aluminum shades are LARGE: a whopping 18-inches wide (and the fixtures are 32-inches high).
At the bottom of each shade is a smaller glass shade and this magically glows when the fixtures are lighted. The glass shades have the added detail of thin, concentric, brown rings.
The fixtures accept a 300W bulb, so they throw off a lot of light. Because most of this will be bounced towards the ceiling, a very nice diffused quality of light is offered.
Please don’t miss the wonderful finial! So 1930s!
Originally, the fixtures (by Westinghouse) were installed in a church built in 1937.
The set is ideal for a large, high space like a loft, bar, restaurant, or commercial lobby.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept a Mogul base 300W bulb. The fixtures currently have adapters so a 200W standard base bulb can also be used.
- Aluminum. White lower shades with brown lines.
- The fixtures hang down 32-inches and are 18-inches wide. I cannot adjust the height.
- The only issues are minor. On three fixtures, the thin brown rings on the glass lower shades show some wear.
- The aluminum will have very subtle dings, scuffs, and age marks. I mean subtle.
- The porcelain sockets are original with new wiring. The porcelain outer casing on one socket has a large chip. This does not affect the bulb.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!