OR SHOP BY:
1920s pan-style sconces PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this PAIR of 1920s brass pan-style sconces!
This listing is for two matching fixtures.
The sconces are brass. The back-plates are stamped-brass, and the arms are cast brass.
When I purchased the pair they were caked with paint. Caked! I removed all this, exposing the underlying brass. The sconces would likely have been painted originally. But not caked with paint! (I counted six layers of paint removed. One layer was turquoise!)
The brass has a mottled patina which I found attractive so I did not polish the brass bright. The brass will darken with each passing day.
I show the sconces two ways. One is with shade (not included), and the other without. You can see how different the sconces look. I also used an off-white candle cover with the shade, and an antiqued cover without. Let me know which cover you prefer!
Please also note the nice finial under each arm.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are 10-1/2-inches high (without bulbs), and they project 5-inches. The oval back-plates are 6×4-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
- The candle covers are new. Please let me know which style you prefer (I show two styles).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!