OR SHOP BY:
1950s Crystal chandelier. High-quality. By Weiss and Biheller
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this incredible, unbelievable, high-quality Czech crystal 1950s chandelier by Weiss and Biheller.
Weiss and Biheller has been creating chandeliers since the nineteenth century. The company, known for the quality of its work, is, remarkably, still in business.
This beauty is one of the most dazzling, impressive chandeliers I’ve ever offered, and abounds with amazing details:
1) The finial! Wow! Instead of the standard glass sphere, this chandelier has an intricate glass spear! Wow!
2) The five glass S-shaped arms have notches cut into the glass.
3) There are five additional arms which leap into the air. These hold a glass (not plastic!) ring. The ring in turn holds double strands which swag out to the other arms. Elegant. Stunning!
4) The candle covers are not plastic. Nor cardboard. They are glass! Yes, glass! I’ve never seen this before!
5) The glass bobeches (the disks under the candle covers) are unique. These are normally bowl-shaped but the bobeches here are more plate-like, and each has lovely details cut into the glass.
6) The candles sit in glass cups, and these, too, have lovely details cut into the glass.
7) Above the intricate glass stem is a large bobeche, and from this hangs alternating strands of short/long glass drops.
The chandelier is impressive, too, in its scale: it is 22-inches wide.
The vertical wire is new, and cloth-covered like the original.
By some miracle, the fixture is totally undamaged. There are no chips or cracks. Even more miraculous is that the fixture retains every single original glass drop and bead. None were missing. I couldn’t believe it. The chain and ceiling canopy are also original.
So, if you’ve been looking for a rare, unique, and to-die-for vintage chandelier, then this knock-out may be ideal.
The only way to assure that this fragile fixture arrives in good order is for it to be partially dismantled for shipping. It is easy to reassemble, and will come with instructions. I will also forward many images, and be available for verbal assistance.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs.
SIZE: See above. As well, the fixture hangs down 37-inches. I can remove up to 6-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage. Amazing.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!