OR SHOP BY:
1930s Porcelier fixtures FOUR, including sconces
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
A matched set of four 1930s porcelain and glass fixtures by the famous Porcelier Company!
This listing includes:
ONE pendant fixture with a custard glass shade!
TWO matching wall sconces!
ONE 2-bulb ceiling fixture!
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s). There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
The pendant fixture is exceedingly rare. It has a stunning custard glass shade featuring, I believe, birds of paradise. Wow! The bottom of the shade has a wonderful stepped design, and there are thin orange rings. Nice. The fitter and ceiling canopy are porcelain, and have thin brown lines! Yep, wow. Wow! The pendant also has new cloth-covered wiring.
The matching 2-bulb, and sconces, are also wonderful. To have a matched set like this is quite incredible.
The sconces have pull-chains. These almost never work, although they do on this set. However, I strongly urge that the sconces be controlled by a wall switch as I can offer no guarantee on the pull-chains.
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- Each sconce has an electrical outlet on the very bottom. I deactivated these as they are not modern safety GFI outlets.
- The brass finial on the 2-bulb is a replacement, although almost identical to the standard Porcelier finial.
- The porcelain is an off white. There are blue and orange flowers, and green leaves. Custard shade, with brilliantly colored birds.
- The pendant is 31-inches long. I can remove up to 11-1/2-inches of chain. I can add chain. The fitter is 4-inches.
- The sconces are 7-inches high, and 4-wide. They project 4-1/4-inches.
- The 2-bulb is 5-inches high, and 6-1/4 x 10-inches wide.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The porcelain sockets are original with new wiring. The pendant also has a new paper insulator.
- The exposed wire on the pendant is new and cloth-covered.
- There are subtle manufacturing irregularities. This is normal.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!