OR SHOP BY:
1920s sconces by Lightolier. FOUR. More Available
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer FOUR 1920s 2-arm sconces by the famous LIGHTOLIER company of New York!
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
INTERESTED IN MORE FIXTURES BY LIGHTOLIER?
Please click here:
And I have more!
- I have another such sconce, but instead of having glass bobeches (the cups under the candles), it has brass bobeches, and does not have glass drops.
- I have a sixth sconce, but this has no bobeches, and no glass drops. But, if you need a sixth sconce I can figure something out regarding the missing bobeches, and can arrange an eBay Buy It Now for these additional sconces.
- In another listing I have four silver-plated sconces. These are from the same set, but do not have glass bobeches or glass drops.
The sconces don’t mount in a typical way. The have a bar in the back that clips over a screw. It will help enormously if you let me know what conditions you have with regard to electrical boxes, and I will supply what is needed to hang the sconces.
The sconces are stamped After Sunset, a line marketed by Lightolier in the 1920s.
This set is ideal for any traditionally-styled home, and from any period. Of course, the sconces might also be an exciting counterpoint in a modernist interior!
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- The brass has been polished. It has not been lacquered.
- Sadly, the silk shades are not included. Happily, they are commonly available from in places like Home Depot, Restoration Hardware, and Pottery Barn (the latter two on-line even).
SIZE: The sconces are 9-inches high (without bulbs or shades), 10-1/2-inches wide, and they project 6-1/4-inches.
- The only issue is minor. Two of the glass bobeches (the cups under the candles) are cracked. However, if you turn the cracks to the back, they cannot be seen (the bobeches freely move).
- The four brass sconces take 56 distinctive crystals. Only 21 came with the set, but I was able to acquire matching crystals (no small effort). The mounting pins on these new crystals do not yet have patina like the original pins.
- The sockets are new.
- The candle covers are new.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!