OR SHOP BY:
1950 Mid-Century Hollywood-Regency chandelier
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this impressive circa-1950 Hollywood-Regency chandelier.
I get rather excited upon finding a chandelier such as this. I love the lines, and the artful dance between simplicity and bling. I also love and admire the quality – the chandelier is beautifully made.
Also, my special attention was captured by the lineage if the chandelier. At first I assumed it was French. It does not look like any American-designed fixture of the period. However, the sockets, which appear to be original, are not European. So, I am mystified (and intrigued) as to the origins of the chandelier.
So, too, the scale got me excited. The 6-arm chandelier is an impressive 27-inches wide. It is 37-inches in length. I can remove up to 14-inches of chain; I can add chain.
The S-curved arms are lovely to look at. Each features a pair of glass flourishes holding small glass spheres.
The center vase is ringed with six curvaceous arms holding additional glass flourishes/glass spheres. Stunning.
The fixture is brass. The original protective lacquer has aged to a bronze-like look.
All the wiring is new, and the exposed wiring is cloth-covered like the original. Nice.
So, if you have been looking for the perfect chandelier to hang over, say, your Jansen-designed dining table, then this knock-out may be ideal.
Wholly restored, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them. NOTE: most flame-style bulbs will look great.
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs.
- The ceiling canopy is a replacement.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: See above.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The cardboard candle covers are new.
- All the glass is original save the finial.
- The finish has a subtle tonal irregularity due to aging.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!