OR SHOP BY:
1920s chandeliers TWO
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this striking pair of 1920s strap-style chandeliers!
This listing is for:
ONE 5-bulb chandelier
ONE 3-bulb chandelier
These type fixtures were called strap-style because they are made primarily from flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
A particular distinction of the chandeliers is the sweet roses the bulbs sit in. One normally sees “candles”.
I also find the lines of the fixtures distinctive, and love looking at them.
The set is not actually restored yet. The pair will look like the images, but just a bit better. All the wiring will be new of course, and cloth-covered like the original. The original green/red coloring of the roses on the 5-bulb has been lost, but I will replicate the colors as seen on the 3-bulb roses.
This set will be shipped wholly restored and with new wiring, ready to hang, and with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
COLOR: The main color is brown. There are green and red accents, and just a bit of lilac.
- The 5-bulb is 30-inches longer overall. I can remove up to 2-inches of chain; I can add chain. The width is 18-1/2-inches.
- The 3-bulb is 29-1/2-inches longer overall. I can remove up to 2-inches of chain; I can add chain. The width is 12-1/2-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) and will have new wiring and paper insulators.
- The polychrome will only require some minor touching-up.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!