OR SHOP BY:
1930s quality sconces by Lightolier. PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this gorgeous pair of brass 1930s sconces by the fabulous Lightolier Company!
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
INTERESTED IN MORE FIXTURES BY LIGHTOLIER?
Please click here:
This listing is for two matching fixtures.
The sconces are beautifully made.
The glass shades are exquisite, and feature wheel-cut designs!
The bodies are brass.
There is a lovely glass donut under each shade.
With new wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Each fixture accepts one standard base 60W bulb (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The glass shades are not original but are very similar to the lost originals. It took me years to find them.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are 9-inches high. The back-plates are 5-inches wide. The sconces project 6-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The brass appears to retains its original lacquer.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!