OR SHOP BY:
1930s Porcelier porcelain light. Bath Kitchen Bedroom.
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this wonderful 1930s 2-bulb fixture by the famous PORCELIER company!
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s). There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
This fixture is one of their most distinctive designs. It has a linear quality that I very much like, and the flowers have wonderfully rich colors so evocative of the 1930s.
The fixture is ideal for a bathroom, powder room, small bedroom, or kitchen.
Of particular note are the original Porcelier porcelain socket rings (sooooo distinctive).
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts standard-base bulbs. I would suggest 100W or lower. The bulbs are not included
- The solid brass finial is a replacement but almost identical to the standard Porcelier finial.
- The main body is a creamy white. The flowers are orange and blue, and with vivid green leaves. Great period colors. There is a thin gold band.
- The fixture hangs down about 3-1/2-inches (without bulbs) and is 10 x 5-1/2-inches wide.
- The only issue is a tiny tiny flea bite to the edge of one porcelain socket ring. You can see this in the second image, the left ring. You see what I mean about it being tiny.
- The Porcelier sockets are original with new wiring.
- There are subtle manufacturing irregularities. This is normal.
- The gold and flowers are near mint.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!