OR SHOP BY:
1930s Lightolier fixture
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this incredible 1930s fixture by the incomparable Lightolier Company!
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
INTERESTED IN MORE FIXTURES BY LIGHTOLIER?
Please click here:
When the fixture was made it would have been about twice the price of comparable fixtures by other lighting companies. This premium was for the quality, design, and the Lightolier name. Kinda like the difference between a Chevy and a Rolls-Royce. This premium still applies today.
The is ideal for a room with a low-ish ceiling. The overall height is 14-inches. The width is almost 24-inches wide. Impressive.
There are five exquisite glass custard shades.
I love how the fluted column carries down into the finial. Nice.
With new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- The fixture mounts to the electrical box via a threaded rod down the center. At some point somebody did not understand this and drilled two small holes into the ceiling plate to mount the fixture. I placed two brass spheres over these holes.
COLOR: Gold. Cream. Custard.
SIZE: See above. As well, the fixture hangs down about 8-inches and is an impressive 23-1/2-inches wide.
- The shades have some TINY chips to their upper edges.
- The sockets are original with new wiring.
- The cream paint appears to date from a previous restoration. This is in very good condition with only minor loss.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!