OR SHOP BY:
1930s Deco sconces by Porcelier. PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this fabulous PAIR of 1930s Deco sconces by Porcelier!
This listing is for two matching fixtures.
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s). There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
I love how the dashing raised lines on the shades are matched on the fixtures!
The shades are glass. The fixtures are porcelain.
The sconces were intended to be on each side of a bathroom mirror.
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here:
With new wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an electrical outlet. As these are not modern safety GFI outlets I deactivated them.
- The mounting buttons are original. They are a dull silver.
COLOR: White shades. Off-white porcelain.
SIZE: The sconces are 5-inches wide. They project 8-inches. They are 6-inches high.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring.
- The pull-chains have porcelain finials. These have some age spotting. Subtle.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!