OR SHOP BY:
1920s strap-style chandelier. Lovely original polychrome.
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this striking 1920s strap-style polychrome chandelier!
This type fixture is called strap-style because it’s made primarily from flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
Of particular note are the pointy socket rings.
The chandelier retains its original polychrome finish, and in very good condition. The straps have a distinctive two-toned finish: gold with a darker gold. Nice. There are accents of emerald and ruby.
The wiring is all new, and cloth-covered like the original.
The chandelier retains its original finial, chain, and ceiling canopy.
Note, too, the sweet amber glass drop in the center, and the charming little flowers.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs.
- See above.
- The fixture hangs down 34-inches and is 20-inches wide. I can remove up to 9-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The glass drop is a replacement. The original was identical.
- The polychrome only required but minor touching up.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!