OR SHOP BY:
1920s silvery fixture
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this striking 1920s strap-style ceiling fixture!
This type fixture is called strap-style because it’s made primarily from flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
The fixture has a remarkable polychrome finish of silver, and with gold and emerald accents. The colors are original.
The fixture has a dramatic presence.
There is an amber glass sphere at the top, center.
All the wiring is new and cloth-covered like the original. Nice.
The fixture is 19-inches high, and 16-wide at the top.
This fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- At the side of the ceiling mount is a small knob where a pull-chain was.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: See above.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The polychrome is new and expertly replicates the original using the same colors, material, and technique. This is a hand-applied and hand-burnished finish.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!