OR SHOP BY:
1920s silver crystal chandelier
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary 1920s silver crystal chandelier!
I hardly know where to begin!
In all my years of restoring vintage lighting I’ve never offered anything quite like this.
The fixture is silver-plated, with black accents. Just dashing!
The five elaborate cast metal socket rings are dripping with crystals! More crystals hang from the stem, and the bottom of the arms. Yep, wow!
The cast metal ceiling canopy is also stunning.
All the wiring is new, and cloth-covered like the original. Nice.
So, if you’ve been looking for a unique, knock-out chandelier, this beauty may be ideal.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- The original turn-key sockets could not be removed for rewiring as the cast metal socket rings were soldered onto the socket cups (the part covering the sockets). The only way to remove the original sockets was to saw off the turn-keys. Sad! So, while the sockets are new, they could not be turn-key sockets (because the rings are in the way), and the rectangular openings in the cups for the turn-keys are now empty (see images).
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down about 40-1/2-inches and is 20-inches wide. I can remove up to 9-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
- Most of the crystals were missing when I purchased the fixture. As such, the crystals are new but match the originals.
- The silver is in good vintage condition.
- The original chains were corroded (this is common). The new chain links are period-correct and nickel-plated.
- The black on the stem has some very minor loss.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!