OR SHOP BY:
1920s polychrome set TWO chandeliers
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this striking set of two 1920s strap-style fixtures!
This listing includes:
ONE 5-bulb chandelier!
ONE 3-bulb chandelier!
ABOUT THE RESTORATION SCHEDULE:
The set is not yet restored. This will take up to two weeks after payment is received.
ABOUT THE FINISH:
The finishes need to be restored. The polychrome will be a rich browny gold with cocoa highlights. There will be touches of red and emerald, with orange flowers. Quite lovely. The 5-bulb fixture originally has a striking center blue column; it have one again.
ABOUT THE LENGTHS:
The fixtures cannot be less than about 25-inches long. I can make them longer of course.
All the wiring will be new, and cloth-covered. Nice.
These type fixtures are called strap-style because they are made primarily from flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
DETAILS: The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The 5-bulb fixture is 21-inches wide. The 3-bulb is 18-inches wide.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The amber crystal is new. I can offer other colors. The fixtures did have such crystals originally.
- I should be able to retain all the turn-key sockets. The paper insulators will be new.
- All the wiring will be new, brown, and cloth-covered.
- The original chains are corroded (this is common). The new chains will precisely match the original in terms of scale and shape.
- The polychrome will be recreated on the 5-bulb and restored on the 3-bulb.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!